The Email Template Builder allows you to create one or more templates to use in Zendesk.
Each template consists out of a given theme (e.g. Crawl), customization options and colors.
You can store up to 10 templates in your instance which you can edit, use or duplicate.
If you have multiple Brands and each brand needs its own email-template, extra development will be required.
Creating a template
- Start by customizing a new theme by changing colors, text and images
- Change the theme's name via the pencil icon on top of the preview
- Once your happy with the template press Save Template top left
- Your template is now saved
Whenever you now open the Email Template Builder you have the option to edit an existing template, or create a brand new one.
- You create a default template for your Zendesk environment.
- You copy the code and paste it in Admin Center >> Channels >> Email
- You save the Template as "Default Template"
During the Holiday Period your marketing theme provided you with a new banner images featuring Santa Claus and Reindeers.
- You can open Email Template Builder and select that Default Template
- You have the option to edit the existing one or to duplicate the template into a new Template
- If you duplicate the theme (icon next to the save button) you get a new template called "Default Theme 2" which you can rename to e.g. Christmas Template
- You can then upload the banner image, change colors to more festive colors and save the template
- Copy the code and paste it in Admin Panel >> Channels >> Email
Once the holidays are over, you can go to Email Template Builder, select the "Default Template" and copy/paste its code to get back to the regular template.
You can store up to 10 templates in the Email Template Builder.
Whenever you don't need a specific template anymore you can use the trashcan icon to delete it.
This will only delete the backup and will NOT affect your live template in Zendesk itself, or its embedded images.
Templates are stored outside of Zendesk in Cloudflare KV.
We only store a templates Name, Theme, Settings, Image URLs and Colors and a reference to your environment.
Premium Plus can see all stored settings files.
Saving a template does not include any internal data of your company, user info, conversations or tickets. It's limited to the afore mentioned items.
We reserve the right to delete KVs at any time and are not responsible for any loss of data due to changes in the backend.
We advice you to always save a copy of the source code of your themes outside of Zendesk too.