With this add-on we enable proactive messaging from Zendesk to WhatsApp accounts of customers.
Via our standard WhatsApp app it is currently only possible to reply to messages, but we can make a small customisation in your Zendesk which makes it possible to (via a workaround) proactively approach relations via WhatsApp.
In the 'Phone' field of the user, the customer number must be present in international format (e.g. +3224204410).
When creating a ticket, a tag must be present from which we can recognise that a new message must be sent (e.g. 'whatsappnew').
We will then send the message via Zendesk to your WhatsApp contact, as soon as it responds this will be visible in a new ticket (If desired we can also close the original ticket directly so that you do not have double tickets open).
It is also important to know that no more than 50 messages per day may be sent that arise from such a new conversation, this to prevent Whatsapp from blocking your WhatsApp number.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- WhatsApp Status Feedback
- WhatsApp User Merge
- ProActive WhatsApp Messages
- Is it possible to add more than one WhatsApp number to manage within Zendesk?
- Requirements for our WhatsApp Channel
- WhatsApp channel installation instructions
- Can I get a free trial period of your WhatsApp channel?
- Hide WhatsApp Online Status